Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little unluckiness, but we sometimes see heat pump issues in Norton during the winter time, when they’re needed the most to keep you comfortable. While you know the team at HCE Systems Inc will constantly be there ASAP when you need us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to double check a repair is needed and save yourself some expenses if it’s not. We’ve compiled this checklist of things to test before you give us a call.
- It may sound silly, but make sure everything is switched “on”. We’ve been to several calls only to discover the thermostat or the heat pump itself is set to off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t switched on, revisit your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat turned to heat? If yes, raise the temperature by five degrees to see if it kicks on.
- If everything looks correct, test your heat pump switch (if it has one) and inspect the fuses and circuit breaker that guard the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an impasse causing your heat pump to fail?
- Try swapping the battery, if it has one.
- Check your air filters inside your air handler to ensure they’re not jamming things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unobstructed?
If you’ve gone through this checklist and you still need a heat pump maintenance check, call HCE Systems Inc at 276-302-0076 and we’ll return your home back to the toasty and cozy place you expect this time of year.