Whether you appreciate winter or favor the warmer months in Norton, many of us make adjustments to ensure our home’s temperature keeps us content. This can have a large impact on your energy bills, but there are steps you can take to help lower those costs.
- Check weather stripping – As the years go on, the seals around your windows and doors can crack or become weathered. Walk around your home to identify any drafts that should be addressed.
- Make use of your blinds – If your windows have blinds, they can be useful in keeping your home warm. Keep them open when the sun is shining during the day, and make sure to close them at the end of the day, so the warmer air doesn’t escape.
- Change your filter – Check your filter regularly to see if it needs to be replaced. We recommend at least once every three months, but that period of time can vary from house to house.
- Buy a programmable thermostat – It may seem like just a handy way to make sure your home keeps warm, but programmable thermostats can also save money on your heating bill! You can fix temperatures to be on a lower setting when you are away from the home or sleeping. Using your heat more efficiently helps lower your bill.
- Add insulation to your attic – Look to see if you have an adequate amount of insulation. Because heat rises, insulation in your attic is a useful tool to reduce the chances of heat escaping.
- Schedule routine maintenance – Just like we visit the doctor to get checkups, your heating system will benefit from having a professional look at it, too. Hiring professionals to clean and maintain your system will give you piece of mind that your system is working effectively and efficiently. They can also catch small issues that could end up as more costly repairs if left unchecked.
- Assess your HVAC system – If it seems like your monthly heating costs are continually increasing—despite your efforts to improve efficiency—it might be time to consider a replacement heating system. The team at HCE Systems Inc can help you examine the performance of your HVAC system and walk through the choices for newer, more efficient models.
Not only will these steps lower the amount of money you are spending on your energy bills, but many of them can help your heating system operate more efficiently. More efficient energy use also supports the health of your equipment, which means your heating system will have a longer life.
If you need routine maintenance on your heating system or would like an expert to provide insight on reducing energy costs—we’ve got you covered. Give HCE Systems Inc in Norton a call to begin. Give us a shout at 276-302-0076 or book an appointment with us online.