With warmer weather close by, now is the time to prep your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is running at top efficiency, it can save a significant amount off your energy expenses! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit is in need of service, it could significantly increase your expenses and cause unnecessary and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your HCE Systems Inc expert perform air conditioning service
at least yearly is crucial to keeping your system operating efficiently for the long haul. He or she can make sure the unit is working as it should be and can identify possible issues in advance of them happening, saving you even more money.
Your skilled air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to setting up your skilled air conditioning service, there are things you can do now and periodically throughout the year to ensure your air conditioner is at top performance.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if it was covered during colder months. Utilizing your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it could hurt your system and leave you needing major repairs or even replacement.
- Clear the area around your AC. Be sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing too close to your AC unit because they could interfere with airflow through your AC. Also ensure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch covering any aspect of it.
Throughout the year:
- While your filters can be cleaned or changed during your expert air conditioning service, it’s important for you to look at them monthly and replace per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Every home has it’s own needs when dealing with air filter replacement, depending on things like owning house pets or performing home construction throughout the year.
Having your ducts cleaned regularly will also ensure your air conditioner is able to work efficiently and will help you have a cozy home. By following these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to make sure your air conditioner will be prepared for whatever summer brings your way. Give the pros at HCE Systems Inc a call at 276-302-0076.