As we get deeper in to November and the temperature continues to dip, we’re faced with the impending decision of when to turn the heat on. For some folks, that time has already come and for others, it is looming large. Of course with winter swiftly approaching now is the time to think about replacing your home’s furnace because no one wants their furnace to go bad in the middle of the coldest day of the year.
So when the time comes to replace your furnace, how do you know if you should choose an oil furnace or a gas furnace? Well we’re here to help answer that for you. After all, there’s no good reason for being layered up in the middle of January because you didn’t know your furnace was on its last legs.
Take a few moments and read what both types of furnaces can offer and give us a ring at 276-302-0076 if you have any further questions.
- Up-front cost is lower than gas furnaces
- Offer more heat than other furnaces
- Easily serviced by the oil delivery company
- Maintenance can be more thorough because of dirt and grim buildup
- Fuel costs are greater than gas furnaces
- Less efficient than gas furnaces
- More efficient than oil furnaces
- Cheaper fuel compared to oil furnaces
*Note: your home must be in an area where a gas supply is available
- Not as much maintenance required
- Provides less heat than oil furnaces
- Up-front cost is 10-25% more than similar sized oil furnaces
No matter which furnace you decide to go with, your comfort should never be sacrificed, so make sure you make the most informed decision possible. If you happen to have any questions during the process, don’t hesitate giving HCE Systems Inc in Norton a call at 276-302-0076. We’re more than happy to help solve all of your furnace questions.