During the cooler Norton months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your system breaks down and turns out to be your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t occur in your house, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. But, if it happens, a simple call to HCE Systems Inc will get you warm and comfortable quickly. We’ve got some signs you should watch for to help you determine if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you are faced with an emergency repair job. Call HCE Systems Inc ASAP if you observe any of these problems:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace instantly and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that produces a flame and keep your lights off until your furnace can be evaluated by a qualified technician or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re repeatedly turning up the thermostat, yet you’re still cold, a furnace repair may be in order. While this could be a indication of a problem with your thermostat, it might also mean your furnace is not big enough for your house.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you hear a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s not the typical noise, it’s probably wise to schedule a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re operating your furnace as you usually do but notice an increase in your utility bill, there are several different problems you could be experiencing. Your qualified technician from HCE Systems Inc can find out what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running all the time, you could have a problem. It might be a something as minor as an air filter problem or something as large as a motor problem. We’ll help you figure it out.
Now that you know how to tell when you need a furnace repair, call us and we’ll be there to help. If your furnace is operating fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call HCE Systems Inc at 276-302-0076 or schedule an appointment with us online.