Having routine air conditioning service done at least annually can help prolong the life of your air conditioner and keep it running at top efficiency. Before we get to the warmest days of the Norton summer, have the experts at HCE Systems Inc perform your routine air conditioning service.
Certain tasks should always be done during a proper air conditioning service appointment. As stated by energy.gov, your technician should always:
- Look for the accurate amount of refrigerant, and if necessary, test for refrigerant leaks using a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is needed, recover any refrigerant that must be cleared from the system, rather than unlawfully discharging it to the environment.
- Look for efficient airflow throughout the system.
- Verify the correct electric control sequence to guarantee proper sequence of operation.
- Inspect electric terminals, clean and stiffen connections.
- Check the exactness of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, swapping out or cleaning your air filters regularly is on the top of the list. That’s because nothing else that simple can help guarantee your air conditioner continues to run at peak efficiency. Besides when the air filter is cleaned or changed during your yearly air conditioning service appointment, you should examine it regularly. We advise checking it monthly or according to the manufacturer’s suggestion. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will depend on individual influences in your home, like how much dust comes into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your regular air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another component of air conditioner maintenance, call HCE Systems Inc today at 276-302-0076.