Summer has arrived! Many of us are ready for warmer weather and some calm summer days. To boost your comfort and truly relax, ensure your air conditioner is ready for the summer heat. One of the keys to a great summer in Norton is a dependable, efficient air conditioner. While HCE Systems Inc always recommends staying on track with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got some tips to help keep your air conditioner functioning this season.
- First, another chance to remind you of the golden rule of HVAC: inspect your air filter routinely! Replace the filter per the manufacturer’s suggestion.
- Uncover your air conditioning unit if it was covered for the cold weather. Starting your air conditioner prior to removing the cover can ultimately damage it and cause you costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris placed close to your outside unit can lessen your AC’s performance. Trim the grass, clean out any debris and clear away overgrowth that blocks your unit before you turn it on this summer. be mindful to check the area at least monthly to keep it unobstructed and optimize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To ensure the best air quality and that your air conditioner is operating efficiently, have your ducts cleaned regularly. It’s also a great idea to have your ducts checked for leaks to ensure all that cooled air is going where it should and not getting out through gaps.
- Consider setting up a programmable thermostat to provide assistance to manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Check the slab your air conditioner unit rests on.
These straightforward steps can save you from avoidable air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable during the warmer weather. If you need to schedule your annual air conditioner service, or if you would like any more tips or information to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running effortlessly, call HCE Systems Inc in Norton at 276-302-0076 today.